- Property ID
- For sale:
- Price on request
- 29205 sq ft
- Good access to motorway network
- Potential development opportunity
- Prominent roadside location
• Situated within the Weavers Triangle and known locally as “On The Banks” located adjacent to recent developments including a Banny’s fish and chip drive-thru, new offices for the Heritage Trust and new college facilities.
• Opposite Macdonald’s and KFC drive-thru
• Development potential, uses considered include leisure, residential and commercial.
• Potential to increase the site to 4 acres (1.61 ha)
The property occupies an extremely prominent main road position on Trafalgar Street (A580) on the edge of Burnley town centre within half a mile for Junction 10 of the M65. The property is situated in the Weavers Triangle Conservation area (On The Banks) in a mixed use locality.
The property comprises of a mix of buildings including a stone built multi-storey building, 1980’s single storey portal frame, workshop and showroom, traditional North Light single storey and two storey buildings adjacent to the canal and a cleared site of approximately 1.25 acres (0.505 ha) Previously used in connection with the sales and servicing of garden machinery the property would lend itself to a number of alternate uses and in the locality there has recently been extensive redevelopment which has included the provision of a new college for Training 2000, associated offices with one of the tenants being the Heritage Trust and other plans for the area include a possible cinema and leisure facilities.
Portal frame building
- Workshop & storage facility: 3,617 sq.ft 336 sq.m
- Showroom/Office: 3,020 sq.ft 280.5 sq.m
- Ground floor: 2,644 sq.ft 245.6 sq.m
- First floor: 2,843 sq,ft 264.1 sq.m
- Second floor: 2,843 sq.ft 264.1 sq.m
Canal side, two storey premises
- Ground floor: 4,235 sq.ft 393.4 sq.m
- First floor: 4,235 sq.ft 393.4 sq.m
- North Light Mill: 5,768 sq.ft 533 sq.m (In need of refurbishment)
29,205sq.ft 2,713.23 sq.m
- Vacant site: 1.25 acres 0.50 ha
Total site area: 2.3 acres 0.93 ha
Enquiries regarding alternate uses / redevelopment should be directed to Burnley Borough Council’s Planning Department on 01282 425011. The multi-storey building was effected by movement some years ago and the Local Planning Authority have indicated that although Listed they would consider demolition.
We are advised all mains services are connected to the property.
It is the prospective purchaser responsibility to verify that all appliances, services and systems are in working order and are of adequate capacity and suitable for their purpose.
An Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs.
All prices quoted are exclusive of, but may be subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
£36,000.00. Please contact the local rating office for more information and the actual rates payable.
By appointment via Petty Chartered Surveyors Tel. 01282 456677 or joint agents Eddisons, by contacting James Cole on 01618 311 690.